Who qualifies for UTEP CAMP?
- U.S. Citizen or Permanent Resident
- Meet UTEP guidelines for freshman admission
- Must have a high school diploma or GED
- Be enrolled for the first time in college and maintain full-time enrollment during the first year at UTEP
- The applicant is determined by the CAMP staff to need the academic, supporting services and financial assistance provided by the project in order to complete an academic program of study at UTEP
ALL prospective CAMP students must meet one of the following criteria:
- The applicant has participated in a Migrant Education Program and can provide CAMP with a copy of their migrant Certificate of Eligibility (COE).
- The applicant has participated in the National Farmworker Jobs Program.
- The applicant, or at least one immediate family member, has spent a minimum of 75 days during the past 24 months as a migrant or seasonal agricultural laborer.
What are CAMP Students' Responsibilities?
- Attend summer bridge program
- Attend the weekly CAMP Success Seminar
- Submit progress reports
- Scheduled check-ins with the CAMP staff
- Maintain full-time enrollment during the first year at UTEP (12 credit hours both semesters)
- Attend all CAMP activities
- Attend a leadership activity and/or conference
- Maintain, at minimum a 2.0 GPA